Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Writer's Marketing Plan, Part I

In a previous post, I talked about the need for a viable marketing plan if the world is to be privy to your creative wordplay.  I've been writing a long time; the problem is that I'm practically the only one who knows I've been writing for a long time.

I'm not really sure if I'm doing this right, but I'm giving it a try.  Here are some of the marketing strategies I've implemented so far.

I've joined:
kindleboards.com
Author's Den
Smashwords.com
Amazon.com 

The next part of my strategy is article marketing and press releases about my book.  I'll let you know how that works out for me as well.

I've been doing some research on writers who have self-published on Amazon and Smashwords as Kindle authors and they all have one thing in common:  They have more than one or two titles for sale.  The funny thing about this is that some of the authors have even admitted to not being that great of a writer, but they've found a readership and that's really all that matters.  The other thing is that success in this medium allows you to do the one thing that brings a writer joy and that is to write

 And to be honest, that's all I've ever really wanted, is to make a living at the things I love to do, write and create art.

I hope you stick around for the journey of a writer who finally gets to write.

Caio!

No comments:

Post a Comment