Monday, July 4, 2011

My Natural Journey Begins

Hello everyone.  I know it's been ages since I've updated this blog.  It's been very distracting in my life for quite some time now, but things, I'm sure, are about to change.  Anyway, I thought this would be the perfect forum for me to document the reinvention of "myself."

I've been very inspired lately by the growing natural hair movement. As a result,  I've done quite a bit of research on methods and products to ensure a healthy transition from relaxed hair back to the God-given status. I've been wanting to go natural for quite some time, but I always seem to get stuck at the in-between stage which prompts me to give up and go with a relaxer yet again.  However, with the help of natural hair blogs and YouTube tutorials, I feel  that I can make the transition much easier and with a much higher level of self-confidence.

I've cut my hair down to the fresh growth and I am looking forward to documenting my transition with you all. My hair is not the only part of me that is undergoing a renovation.  As my hair starts to get bigger, I'm working to make my body grow more fit and healthy by losing the excess weight.  I've struggled with my weight since my pre-adolescence days and at 53, it has become increasingly more difficult to shed the unwanted pounds.  But I'm determined this year to do what I know needs to be done.  I've started eating much better, decreased my portions and I've also started an exercise regimen.

So today begins my natural hair journey and my self-improvement endeavor.  I hope you all will stick with me and that my progress will be an inspiration to those of you who want to reinvent themselves as well.

Stay strong and keep writing.
THE BEGINNING: Me in my TWA (teeny weeny afro)
Monday, July 4, 2011
Happy 4th of July all!

No comments:

Post a Comment